If you prefer something a little less strenuous there is plenty to see and do as you explore the back roads and villages.
• Try your hand at fishing
• Drive through the mountains and enjoy the wildflowers in spring
• Climb to Mt Kosciusko
• See the countryside in autumn when the leaves turn glorious colours
• Visit one of the Snowy Hydro power stations and do a tour
• Drive to Yarrangobilly Caves and explore a limestone cave
• Take your four wheel drive and see some of the old huts of the mountains